Monday, December 8, 2008

All religions are invalid.

There is no such thing as a valid religion. The only valid belief is to simply accept that we don't know how the universe began. It's ok to just admit you don't know what the hell happened. Unless you were there when the universe began, you really don't know. It's arrogant and ignorant for anyone to claim they KNOW that god exists and that their religion is the "correct" one...so you might as well just quit wasting your time trying to figure it out. Instead of wasting your time praying and going to church, go do something much more enjoyable, like eating a delicious cup cake. Next Sunday, instead of going to church, stay home and watch Family Guy...you'll be glad you did (I recommend the episode where Peter goes back in time - that one was pretty good).

The Big Bang, the Flying Spaghetti Monster...no one knows how things began. Most people can't accept that there is no clear answer, so they choose to follow a bunch of goofy religions that offer FAKE answers about the universe. 

Suffering people need to make sense of their suffering, and everyone else would just rather believe what their parents taught them. People fear the unknown, so they turn to religion for answers. People would rather believe in a dumb answer than no answer at all. Me...I'm ok with a question mark.  I don't need a religion because I'm relatively healthy and I'm not dumb.
My religion is a question mark. It involves not worshiping anything and spending zero time in church...if there's a heaven, I guarantee I'll go there because I'm a good person. If there is a god, he doesn't care how you choose to spend your Sunday mornings...his only concern is that you are a good person and that you treat others with respect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are my god now...